AC / DC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Phil won’t tour in 2024?

Go down

Why Phil won’t tour in 2024? Empty Why Phil won’t tour in 2024?

Post by T.N.T. Tue 27 Feb - 16:03

The classic AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd won’t be touring with the band this year because he is taking care of the “love of his life”,
who is battling terminal cancer.

One month after the band performed at Power Trip Festival in 2023, Rudd, who lives in New Zealand,
told the website “Stuff” that he was selling his memorabilia to donate the proceeds to the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.

“I’d give it all up, throw it on a bonfire, if it meant it would give Toni more time,” Rudd said about Toni Wilson.
She has been his close friend of 15 years.
She has terminal stage 4 breast cancer and has been given six months to live by the doctors.

“She’s the love of my life.
My best friend.
All the money in the world can buy you things.
But it can’t buy you time,” Phil Rudd told the interviewer and grabbed Toni’s hand.

He also compared the situation to what he felt when the classic AC/DC vocalist Bon Scott tragically died.
He passed away in 1980 at the age of 33.
“I cried for Bon, but we just went on rocking.
With Toni, I feel the same pain, losing someone you love.”

“It’s made me think about life, that things – success, hit records – they mean nothing when it comes down to it.
Friends and family are what matter,” Phil Rudd said.

During the same conversation Phil said that he is looking forward to playing with AC/DC in the future
but that right now he needed to take care of Toni.
Since that interview there are no health updates about Toni.
But that’s the reason why Rudd won’t be joining AC/DC this year on the road.

His replacement in the band is the drummer Mutt Laug.
He is best known for working with names like Alanis Morissette, Alice Cooper and Slash.
T.N.T.
T.N.T.
Admin

https://acdc-fusebox.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down