AC / DC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour

Go down

He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour Empty He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour

Post by T.N.T. Fri 8 Jul - 6:05

July 7, 2016 11:37 AM

He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour Acdc-c10

Bassist Cliff Williams, the second-longest tenured member of AC/DC, will retire after the band’s troubled tour
in support of Rock or Bust.
In the end, it seems the loss of three bandmates in quick succession was more than Williams could take.
“It’s been what I’ve known for the past 40 years, but after this tour I’m backing off of touring and recording,”
Cliff tells Gulfshore Life.
“Losing Malcolm [Young], the thing with Phil [Rudd] and now with Brian [Johnson], it’s a changed animal.
I feel in my gut it’s the right thing.”

That left Williams and stalwart guitarist Angus [Young], together since 1978’s Powerage.
Over the years, Williams contributed to a stunning 11-album run of platinum or multi-platinum sales.
Rock or Bust then peaked at No. 1 in 12 countries. “When you start out, you kind of hope for success,” Williams admits.
“That’s what you are working for.
But you never really know.
It’s been surreal, really.”

LINK:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/acdc-cliff-williams-retirement/
T.N.T.
T.N.T.
Admin

https://acdc-fusebox.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour Empty Re: He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour

Post by T.N.T. Tue 21 Feb - 16:31

He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour Cliff-11
T.N.T.
T.N.T.
Admin

Back to top Go down

He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour Empty Re: He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour

Post by T.N.T. Wed 31 Jan - 14:21

He will retire after AC/DC’s current Tour 41743210

Rock and roll comedian Dean Delray, a huge AC/DC fan who has covered the legendary rock act's songs with a tribute band
and who has interviewed members of AC/DC in the past, says that bassist Cliff Williams will not tour with AC/DC later this year.

Cliff announced his retirement at the end of AC/DC's 2015-2016 "Rock Or Bust" tour, which also saw vocalist Brian Johnson leaving
because of hearing problems (he was replaced for the last 22 shows by GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose).
However, Williams — and Johnson — took part in the recording sessions that resulted in AC/DC's 2020 album "Power Up".
Both of them were also part of the AC/DC lineup that performed at the band's first concert in more than seven years,
which took place last October at the Power Trip festival in Indio, California.

Earlier today (Saturday, January 27),Delray took to his social media to write:
"Ok last night I heard from a very reliable source that AC/DC will be touring with a new Bass Player this year.
I'm not gonna say who it is I'll let AC/DC make that announcement but I will say this, 3 year ago I had Cliff Williams on my podcast
and he straight up said he would not be touring again and I was surprised that the fans didn't seem to pick up on that."

Dean added:
"I just want take this time to thank Cliff for absolutely rocking us on the Bass for over 40 years. An absolute killer of Groove.
I love you brother".

During the aforementioned October 2020 interview with Delray's "Let There Be Talk" podcast, Cliff was asked if Johnson's departure
from the road was what led to his desire to stop touring.

Cliff responded: "It was before then. I spoke to Angus [Young, AC/DC guitarist] about it initially.
I was at a point — and this is at the beginning of the 'Rock Or Bust' tour — that I just felt, for me, it was time to hang it up.
I knew that I didn't wanna keep doing these two-year tours, and I didn't wanna hold them back, so I made them aware of the fact
that this was gonna be my last go-round.
It was a tough tour to finish. God bless Axl for coming in and helping us out, finish it up.
He did a great job. And at the end of that, I was definitely — that was it for me.
Done — just done. That compounded the whole thing."

According to Williams, he wanted to take part in the recording sessions for "Power Up" as a tribute to Angus's late brother,
founding AC/DC rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young, who died in 2017 from effects of dementia at age 64.
Malcolm is credited as a writer on all 12 tracks on "Power Up".
T.N.T.
T.N.T.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down